Monday, March 30, 2009

A Different Mirror....

Today was my first day as the new "long term substitute" in the Middle School English as a Second Language (ESL) classroom. I will be teaching until the end of the school year now and fortunately I do know all of the students from previously teaching at the school.  
Of course, this is a different subject area now (I used to teach health and P.E.) but I think one of my biggest goals was making sure that the students are aware that I am going to be doing some things differently and some things the same as their former teacher (who left on good terms for another teaching opportunity at a university level in Japan).  I think acknowledging this from the beginning is very important so students realize that change is definitely going to be "different".  I can only try my best to make it a change for the BETTER!....

No comments:

Post a Comment